
When was the last time you thought about how long you have left to live? OK, I know it sounds like someones having an "over the hill moment." I ran into a young friend that I hadn't talked to in 33 years at my place of employment. I say young because he's probably in his late 40's. He mentioned how his parents had died in the last two years. As we talked he said, do you have your health? I thought ...what does that mean? Does any body really HAVE their health? I told him yes, but I lost my mind in the Seventy's. This thing about getting older does make me think. Especially,when I moan to pick up any thing a little heavy for me. Now, back to the thought again, "how long do I really have"? This guy (left) is in his ninety's, not bad..considering he worked like a mule in his working days. We really don't know the number even "if" we are or "not," keeping in shape. They say "it's not how long you live but how you live it."
I am so thankful for the Salvation that is given through Christ, to all who believe on Him. Now, am ready if this is the day He wants to take me home....I'm just a slow packer.
"My times are in your hands;" (Psalms 31:15) ESV
"So, whoever has the son, has life; whoever rejects the Son, rejects life." MSG
96 years young. Father w/ Father now. He made me laugh everyday. I miss you Daddy.See you soon. John Marvin
ReplyDeleteMy Sweet Brother I love you and miss your funny way of getting your point across!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete